Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
Ideum is seeking a designer preferably with User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) experience. We are looking for someone with an excellent portfolio and a range of styles. We seek a designer who can help us design touch table and touch wall experiences or develop exhibits that use motion recognition, IOT, or other new and innovative technologies.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong conceptual and information design skills, and organizational ability. We are looking for candidates with a range of experience and a strong portfolio.
Ideum creates dynamic exhibits for museums, non-profit organizations, and socially responsible companies. We also develop multitouch hardware products: multitouch tables and touch walls and have sold our products in 38 countries around the world. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Benefits and Incentives
This is a full-time position (40 hours) on-site in Corrales, New Mexico. The position includes health benefits (after 90 days), dental, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also, included is company matched 401K plan (up to 3% of salary). These plans become available after one year of employment. Pay is based on experience.
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include examples of your work (URLS – if available) along with a cover letter—and your resume.
NOTE: Candidates who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- · What drew you to this position?
- · Explain what collaboration means to you and how it is part of your process.
- · What qualities and life-experiences would you bring to the position?
- · How would you describe your design style?
- · Share your approach to learning new technology.
- · Why do you want to work with Ideum?
- · Describe your ideal working environment.
PLEASE: NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
- Demonstrated design experience
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and other design applications
- Experience with UI & UX design
- Ability to wireframe, develop site maps, and other design documents
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented in all facets of work, from code to communications
- Experience writing and researching
- Photography and/or video skills
- Illustration skills
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with social media sites
- Programming experience
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- College degree - not a requirement