Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
We seek a full-time AV Design Technician to lead efforts involving design, estimation, creative problem solving, implementation and support of our interactive technology experiences.
Our company is diverse; we work with top museums, well-known brands, and technology companies. Along with custom software development, we design and sell our own innovative multitouch tables. We construct custom exhibits which utilize emerging technology including video walls, large-scale projection, tangible interfaces, motion recognition, RFID, sensors, and other unique applications of technology.
We are searching for an experienced AV Design Technician to play a key role in customizing technical solutions, and in the hands-on implementation of our exhibits and other installations. You will be challenged with a variety of projects, a rapidly changing technical landscape, multi-tasking across projects and proposals, and partnering on integrations with internal teams including Design, Development, Production and Sales.
Candidates must have design or installation experience, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Candidates must be available for travel.
As a relatively small company (40+ people) that is fast growing, we have a diverse set of products and projects, and are seeking an experienced technician and practical problem solver to join our team.
Ideum creates dynamic exhibits for museums, non-profit organizations, and socially responsible companies. We also develop multitouch hardware products: multitouch tables and touch walls and have sold our products in 38 countries around the world. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Benefits and Incentives
This is a full-time position (40 hours) on-site in Corrales, New Mexico. The position includes health benefits (after 90 days), dental, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also, included is company matched 401K plan (up to 3% of salary). These plans become available after one year of employment. Pay is based on experience.
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include examples of your work (URLS – if available) along with a cover letter—and your resume.
NOTE: Candidates who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- · What drew you to this position?
- · Explain what collaboration means to you and how it is part of your process.
- · What qualities and life-experiences would you bring to the position?
- · Share your approach to learning new technology.
- · Why do you want to work with Ideum?
- · Describe your ideal working environment.
PLEASE: NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Experience with Audio Visual design, estimation, installation and support
- Experience with projection, projection mapping and video walls
- Experience with video conferencing, audio, and other systems
- Automation and control systems experience
- Construction experience
- Experience with electrical systems and concepts
- Experience creating proposals, conducting technical research, and managing vendor relations
- Proficient in the use of a variety of shop tools
- Understanding of networking and components
- Experience building computer systems
- Windows OS and other systems administration
- Experience with technical documentation
- CTS Certification or relevant AV certifications
- Experience in IT
- Experience in fabrication
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with microelectronics, sensors, etc.
- Experience with VR and IoT
- Experience with 3D rendering and printing
- Metalwork, woodwork and fabrication
- Computer programming skills
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world